Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thank you

We were touched to receive a letter from one of the mamas who attended the Prenatal and Postnatal Bootcamp that Jennifer Colletti led earlier this summer.
Hi Sarah,

I really loved Pre-Natal Bootcamp. I hope you continue to offer those classes - I'd be very excited for a baby and momma bootcamp!

The weekend before Bootcamp, I had had a very emotionally difficult few days right after my belly dropped and I had all kinds of worries and frustrations.

The first day of Bootcamp started out humid and I almost didn't want to go, but I was determined to allow myself to have a week of yoga just for me. Jennifer's positive, peaceful introduction invited us to discuss what was going on in both our bodies and minds so I told her how the last weekend was really difficult and how my belly had "dropped." She reassured me that the hormones involved in moving the uterus down into my pelvis can often make women feel a great deal of emotions. This reassurance before we moved into the poses was just what I needed to have a calm and centered practice.

Pre-natal bootcamp was really a pivotal point in my pregnancy, where I gave myself permission to take gentle, yet active care of my pregnant body. By the end of the week, I was breathing easier and had more energy than I had felt in months. Jennifer varied the practice - one day had extensive breathing and meditating while we listened to the breeze in the leaves above and the birds singing and distant people starting their morning routines, the next day we had an energetic walk to get our blood moving and another day we spent a great deal of time in standing poses. At the end of the week, I was wishing it wouldn't end! Thanks Jennifer!!!

And thanks Sarah - I'm so thrilled to have found Blooma for this pregnancy!

Michelle
Michelle, thank you so much for sharing such kind words about your experience with us.

Love,

Rose, Sarah & the women of Blooma

No comments: