Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blooma Birth Story: Katrina + Noah

Hi Sarah,


I wanted to share with you the exciting news of the arrival of our new little one Noah Benjamin! He was born on Friday morning at 3:52 am at 7 pounds 13 ounces. He's a very healthy little boy who looks just like his dad!


I wanted to write to you and let you know how much you influenced my labour and how much I appreciated that! Going to Blooma opened up my mind to a world of support and knowledge that I just didn't think I would have had, had I just gone to the traditional baby classes and the local gym! I entered a world of support and your guidance was wonderful.

Even though you may not have been my doula, it was you and your classroom I pictured the most during the labour and your voice that kept me on track when things just seemed impossible. You gave me inner strength in a time when I truly didn't think I could take it anymore! I have to say I am feeling a bit proud of making it through naturally!


I started my labour at about 3 pm, so taking your advice I went to go and get a pedicure-something to distract me! Afterwards Ben and I hung out at home, sat on the ball, had lots of showers and waited until the contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart and then headed to the hospital about 10:30 pm.

I started off slow taking a while to move along but then everything went super fast. I went from 2-3cm at midnight to 10 cm by 3 am and then he was born at 3:52 am. As you said, make noise! and noise I made! I breathed in and moaned out for the entire labour and even at one point had Ben and I talking to the contractions "Hello Contraction, Hello Pain-do your job!"

Ben was also such a great labour partner keeping me right on track when I did lose my way and start to talk about pain killers-he got me moving, on the ball, in the tub and he spent hours rubbing my lower back and just being a true support-we have your class to thank for that! Even Ben was saying after it all, "Thank God for Blooma!"
Love,
Katrina

No comments: