Monday, September 7, 2009

Ila Rose

 
  
July 11
3:41 PM 

Mama Jina says: After 38 hours of labor including 1 hour 40 min of pushing, we were so glad to meet her. She was born "occipital posterior" or sunny side up so for me I felt the labor in my back and hips, but we used many techniques from Liz Abbene's class to help. She was also in a "plus one station" before labor began, which I attribute to all the yoga I did the last month and I think it helped when pushing the baby out (that and the epidural i received after 26 hours). Many thanks to all the prenatal yoga instructors! Also, my midwife, Kaisa Johnson, at Methodist Hospital, made the delivery an amazing, unforgettable experience for both my husband and I. Can't wait to get back to yoga, as soon as I can find the time!

No comments: