Today we have a guest blogger, Michelle LeBlanc of Pretty Mommy. Her beautiful belly and babe have been featured in many a Blooma photo! Thanks for the postpartum style tips, Michelle!
Love, Alisa, Sarah & the women of Blooma
Honestly, it's not that hard to be a cute, stylish, pregnant woman these days...everyone from DVF, to H&M, to Target does cute maternity versions of real clothes instead of those Peter Pan collar muumuus our mothers wore. Add to the mix some cute ballet flats, leggings, and a great necklace and your worries are over. The real trouble comes post delivery when your hormones are all over the place, you haven't showered in three days, you smell like spit up and breast milk, and your old clothes are either too small are too big... argh!! and you have visitors stopping by with presents and food. So, here's Pretty Mommy to the rescue with 5 foolproof post baby wardrobe tips.
1) Take a Shower...EVERY DAY...I mean it! A shower a day keeps the crazies away! I know it can seem like an impossible task when your newborn is nursing or crying around the clock but find your spouse, or a bouncy chair and take 5 minutes for yourself.
2) Invest in some pretty Pajamas. You'll be spending a lot of time in and out of bed so skip the sweats and put on something you can receive guests in. A lovely, lightweight kimono robe is a great coverup and easy access for nursing.
3) Skip the jewelry, accesorize with a great scarf instead. In my experience it's pretty hard to wear necklaces and earrings for a while since they are either in the way or being pulled/chewed on. A large cozy scarf/shawl is a perfect pop of color, nursing coverup, blanket, spit up cloth, etc... I don't leave home without one!
4) Boyfriend Jeans are your friend. Not only are they the latest look sported by uber cool moms like Reese Witherspoon but they are the perfect rolling around the floor, haven't lost the babyweight, throw on my converse, not trying too hard style. Remember your favorite 501's in '93? These are the updated version!
5) Nursing Tank + Pretty Cardigan = Effortless style. I lived in my nursing tanks for almost 18 months and loved the ease and coverage they offered. No bare bellies, or exposing your whole chest...whew! Pair this with a long, knit cardigan and you're all set. (My personal faves all reside at JCrew.com)
For more musings on motherhood and fashion visit: www.myprettymommy.blogspot.com. And for some extra special items including the Blooma Uganda Tee visit: www.shopprettymommy.com.
A very fun way to waste some time...
7 years ago