Monday, May 12, 2008

Blooma Blossom: Baby Isla

May 12
6 pounds, 8 ounces
20 inches long

Mom says, "After a wonderful yoga class with Sarah on Mother's Day, we went home and enjoyed a family day with our son and worked in the garden. After another 4 hours of gardening on Monday, and an acknowledgement that yes, I was indeed in labor, I took a bath, had a little wine and rolled around on my birthing ball. When we reached St. Joe's I was 6 cm, and within 2 hours I was complete. I was able to labor in the birthing tub, but as I had a small amount of meconium when my water I broke, I ended up birthing Isla on my hands and knees on the birthing bed (very loudly, I might add). Simply, it was wonderful. She was welcomed into the world by my husband and me, and our amazing midwife, Jen Eissfeldt.

Sarah, thank you for your kindness, reassurance, empowerment and wisdom. I have loved taking prenatal yoga classes with you (I miss them already)."

No comments: