Monday, July 7, 2008

Blooma Blossom: Baby Drexel

Baby Drexel
July 7, 2008

Mama says: "Just had to say 'thanks' for steering my birth to what it turned out to be. We labored at home from Sunday to Monday afternoon. My doula arrived at 12:30 pm when my husband was ready to go to the hospital. Since I was still acting and feeling pretty well, my doula thought we probably had a good long time left and encouraged me to move around at home a bit more. Of course, using some of our yoga positions that you taught us. (Although the first time I had a strong contraction I held my breath and DH found that pretty amusing :) We left around 3:30 and arrived at St. Joes at 4:15pm (what a drive!). The midwife checked me right away and I was 8 centimeters! I cried I was so happy. They put me in the waterbirth tub asap and Drexel was born at 7. It was so amazing, and all natural. What an experience! We're home now and doing great. We'll see you in a month or so for baby yoga!

No comments: