Saturday, July 12, 2008

Blooma Blossom: Baby Lucia



Baby Lucia
July 12th, 2008
7:44 P.M.
8 lbs. 10 oz.
20 1/4 inches

Mama says: We learned that we were pregnant the morning of Blooma's Open House, which I felt was a sign of wonderful things to come. Being a third-time mama, doula, and childbirth educator, one would think that I didn't need much preparation for this birth. However, Blooma gave me things I didn't even know I needed. From the physical, mental, and spiritual strength I gained in prenatal yoga to the unending love and support of everyone at Blooma, I couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy. By 42 weeks, I was very ready to meet our little one. After an incredible (even orgasmic!) 3 1/2 hour labor, my husband, Chris, received her in the tub and laid her on my chest, although it was almost five minutes before we realized that she was a girl. My entire pregnancy, I was convinced we were having a boy, so my little Lucia became the greatest surprise I've ever gotten!

No comments: