Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blooma Blossom: Chase



Chase Michael
12-21-08
12:44 pm
7lbs 11oz
22 inches

Mama Mandy says: My goal and motivation for this birth was: fast, easy delivery! And that was the case! After being 4 days overdue, Chase was more than ready and eager to make his appearance. I labored at home from 8am to 11:45am on Dec. 21. Dad was more than ready to get to the hospital and that was a good thing! He loaded the car and as soon as mom got into the car, contractions went from a 4/5 pain level to a 8/9. We pulled into the parking ramp at 12:06 pm. Dad couldn't find a spot right away! Finally we got into admitting. I went through two contractions and was rushed to the delivery room to be checked -- I was at an 8! Two more contractions and Chase was ready to see the world. I pushed three hard times and that was it. Dad didn't have to do a thing this time, just let me squeeze his hand very hard. All the yoga and breathing practice helped get us through. Also learning the word "out" from Sarah and saying that over and over until Chase came was a huge help! Overall, the three of us are doing great!

No comments: