Friday, January 2, 2009

Blooma Blossom: Brady


Brady Jon
Friday, January 2
8 pounds, 11 ounces
22 inches

Mama Erica says: Just wanted to let everyone at Blooma know that Brady Jon was born via successful VBAC!

The scoop: I went into labor about 10:00 p.m. on New Years' Day (just as most my family gathering of 45 people for Christmas was leaving!) I'm so glad I had a Doula (Megan Titcomb, who I would highly recommend) or we would have left for the hospital WAY too soon. She came over about 2 a.m. when my contractions were 3 minutes apart and about 40 seconds long, and Megan suggested we stay home until they got longer and stronger. Good thing, because my labor kind of fizzled out as my remaining houseguests (8 adults and 7 kids) got up and started moving around. Megan went home, and we took naps as the rest of my houseguests left. In the evening my parents took Kate with them to dinner, and with just my husband and I here labor picked up quickly (funny how my brain/body waited until everyone was gone, I remember you saying it happens that way for people). At 7:30 we left for the hospital and at 9:17 Brady was born, before I even was done being admitted! I pushed for 20 minutes, which was a blessing and a curse. Nice to go fast, but more painful and more tearing/bruising for me. But, I feel WAY better than after the C-section with Kate. So glad I went for the VBAC. And I had NO pain medication. Thought I'd be a quiet laborer, but when I got to pushing I made noises louder than I knew I could make! (Think I scared the hubby!) Really happy that I did it, but it was definitely very intense! Overall I think it was about as perfect of a birth experience that
I could have hoped for!

Say hi to everyone and thanks to all of you for great Yoga, Chiropractic, Massage and Acupuncture! I'm convinced it made a huge difference in my labor and my continuing recovery.

No comments: