Friday, January 30, 2009

Blossom: Carter



Carter Arvid
January 30th at 2:36am
6lbs, 15 oz
19.5 inches

Mama Sarah says: All went really well!! I had a wonderful labor at home for over 16 hours and delivered at ANW hospital with my wonderful husband, my favorite doctor (who just happened to be on call and carried out every last detail of our birth plan), our doula and a fabulous nursing staff. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

But I feel that my calm, focused, "drug-free" labor had a lot to do with all the wisdom and strength I gained through the blooma staff, and all those wonderful yoga classes!!! I can't say thank you enough. I'm so happy that Sarah opened Blooma and that there is such a wonderful place in our community with endless and well-rounded resources for moms, prenatally and postnatally.

We are truly enjoying our new roles as parents and getting to know this sweet little guy...even with the sleep deprivation! I'm really looking forward to coming back in the next couple weeks. I went for a run/walk around Lake Harriet today and it felt fantastic so I'm hoping to get back to Yoga soon!

Thanks for everything!!

No comments: