Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blooma Blossom: Claire Elizabeth


claire elizabeth
january 24, 2009
7 lbs 8 oz
21.5 inches

Mama Andrea says: "We had a beautiful baby girl on saturday morning. Claire Elizabeth has beautiful dark hair and the cutest little dimple on her left cheek!

My labor was about 18 hours long. It was harder than I ever could have imagined. And I'm sure I could not have done it without all the yoga training. I swear all those push-ups gave me the strength to use the squatting bar and hold myself up for what felt like hours! My biceps were unbelievably sore still. I also made a lot of noise getting through the contractions--I favored the very loud, very low "oh" sound we had practiced in class--a huge help. I always wondered when we did that in class if i would be able to let loose and be vocal during the actual labor. That ended up not being a problem at all. In fact, I think I might have frightened my friends with my primal animalness :-) I also made sure I used all the laboring positions we'd practiced--although I didn't do any three-minute goddesses!

I really can't tell you enough how integral my prenatal yoga practice was to having the kind of birth experience I wanted. I can't even imagine how things would have gone differently without all those months of physical and mental preparation. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to come to Blooma every week and prepare myself for the biggest event of my life in such a supportive, positive space.

Hopefully Claire and I will be in together for our next yoga class soon!

thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments: