Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blooma Book Club: Feed the Belly

Check out my friend and former co-worker, author Frances Largeman-Roth, as she talks to the CBS Morning Show about why pregnant women experience food cravings. (See below.) Then go buy her book, Feed the Belly: The Pregnant Mom's Healthy Eating Guide. It's full of fantastic, yummy recipes that were created specifically to support a healthy pregnancy. Frances and I used to work together at Health magazine, where she continues to be the food & nutrition editor.

When I was pregnant I craved tacos. Tacos! Rather than swing through Taco Bell, I made a healthy taco salad at home using ground turkey, spinach, salsa, and plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Frances doctored my version and created a recipe for her book in my honor. I'm so flattered! See the recipe here. What do you, or did you, crave during your pregnancy?


Watch CBS Videos Online

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For the first 20 weeks I was extremely sick all day long. Hagen Daaz Vanilla bean ice cream, lemonade bars and honeycrisp apples were what got me through. Round about weeks 21-24 I was eating 2-3 ruby red grapefruits A DAY! For a while there, I couldn't get enough of them.